• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crossfit with a stoma

I've had Crohn's since i was 8 (I'm 34 now) and ended up having Ileostomy surgery in April of this year. I've always been very active and have really been dying to get back to working out at my Kettlebell & Crossfit gym. I was wondering what anyone else with an ileostomy who does these types (or similar) workouts wears for support? I purchased a Stealth Belt but haven't tried it yet. I'm a little nervous about the bag coming loose or something while I'm doing pull-ups or whatever. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,I have an illeo to I am quite active so use a convetec active bag it has double stick.they work great for me,I'm not doing any major exercises I'm a cleaner at our hospital 6 hours a day 3x week,, and have got back into riding horses again all with the illeo I have a hernia round stoma I have a hernia belt,just take it slow and listen to your body,I know when I've done to much,good luck