• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

CT Scan findings

I went to the Dr. for a hernia. He felt the hernia and sent me for a CT scan to confirm. Oddly enough the report showed negative for hernia (dr. thinks it is still there just maybe too small to be noted) It did however show hepatic cysts and fluid filled terminal ileum. He is sending me to a GI doctor based on the fluid filled terminal ileum. I have searched for information regarding this finding but not much comes up. I can say that I've had stomach problems for years. Is this just an incidental finding or maybe pointing to something else?

Do you have IBD? Don't go by what I say but with the reference to the terminal ileum I wonder if Crohns Disease can be involved. Your GI will know. Please update us after visiting your GI

I've been told lots of things. I've been told I have IBS and also Gastritis. I had a scope about 5 years ago and they found a hiatal hernia and that I was lactose intolerant. I thought for sure I had celiac but the biopsy came back negative. Since then I've had a bout with c-diff and blood in my stool. I was treated with the flagyl workup at that time. I've also had bouts of pain where my gallbladder is and even had a nuclear radiation scan on it and it came back clean. I am now wondering if the cysts on the liver have anything to do with that. It's not all the time, just sometimes. Recently I decided to try a paleo diet. No gluten or dairy and my stomach irritation cleared up. I notice stomach upset when introducing either back into my diet. I know I don't have celiac so I'm not sure what the story with that is...

Not sure what is going on but my body is intolerant to both gluten and dairy. I hope you can get some answers soon.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi there, ''fluid filled terminal ileum'' is not something I believe relates to Crohn's disease. Just my 2-cent personal opinion though, I could be wrong. Good luck in finding the cause of your issues, hope the GI will help.

Hi there, ''fluid filled terminal ileum'' is not something I believe relates to Crohn's disease. Just my 2-cent personal opinion though, I could be wrong. Good luck in finding the cause of your issues, hope the GI will help.

I haven't been able to find anything online about fluid filled terminal ileum. Do you know what else it could mean?

I went to the Dr. for a hernia. He felt the hernia and sent me for a CT scan to confirm. Oddly enough the report showed negative for hernia (dr. thinks it is still there just maybe too small to be noted) It did however show hepatic cysts and fluid filled terminal ileum. He is sending me to a GI doctor based on the fluid filled terminal ileum. I have searched for information regarding this finding but not much comes up. I can say that I've had stomach problems for years. Is this just an incidental finding or maybe pointing to something else?
I found this article on ileitis and it mentions a fluid-filled terminal ileum.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2914216/