• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cymed pouches

Crohn'sFor Life

Colon Free!
I have yet to find an adhesive remover that works well on Cymed pouches. I love my pouch...but it is so hard when it comes time to change it. Anyone else have problems removing their Cymed pouch?

nogutsnoglory

I don't use cymed but I have tried the samples and yes they are hard to remove. You might be better off with wipes and water. Honestly I just rip it off since it's like Tegaderm. You could google adhesive removers for tegaderm and see if something exists.

Crohn'sFor Life

Colon Free!
:ymad:

Adhesive removers I have tried...

Citra-eze...melts everything and leaves a gooey, sticky mess on my skin

Convatec Allkare...gets most of the sticky stuff off...but I end up using a lot of wipes...

Smith & Nephew Remove...same as Citra-eze

Hollister Universal wipes...barely does anything

Have yet to try Niltac spray remover...my Ostomy Supply company does not carry it.

:ymad:

Adhesive removers I have tried...

Citra-eze...melts everything and leaves a gooey, sticky mess on my skin

Convatec Allkare...gets most of the sticky stuff off...but I end up using a lot of wipes...

Smith & Nephew Remove...same as Citra-eze

Hollister Universal wipes...barely does anything

Have yet to try Niltac spray remover...my Ostomy Supply company does not carry it.

Of the bunch you mentioned, I've only used the Allkare and Hollister wipes. If the Citra-eze and S&N are like the Allkare, then they must be terrible. I found the allkare wipes to be highly impractical as they leave a residue that REQUIRED soap and water to remove. They smell great, but that's about it.

The Niltac spray is by far the best I've used - and you should use a spray for removing the appliance; wipes are good only to remove residue.

Coloplast has an adhesive remover spray that's very similar to the Niltac spray, but I don't like the nozzle on it and I found I went through it faster than the Niltac bottle (even though they are the same quantity).

Good luck!

I like the AllKare citrus wipes. Yes, they do leave a residue, but I always use soap and water with every bag change.