• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dammit i had to be the unlucky one pfft lol

dammit i had to be the unlucky one pfft lol

well as you see i was the unlucky one, some of this story is funny but not while i was going through the pain in the er..

So i was on humira did not no it lower your immune system so low that it doesnt fight anything at all.. my smart husband talked me into shaving my lady part, yeah stupid me actually said yes.. i ended up with in grown hair like 5 of them.. ouchie but 2 of them were really really bad and they were not getting any better. i tried staying home with it and fighting throught it till i couldnt walk and take the pain anymore..

so went into the ER, well they poked and prodded and i screamed and cried and they gave me the best pain killers they could have in the hospital to deal with the pain. i ended up with this gorgeous i mean gorgeous surgeon and he had to see me in that state pffft, i was so embarrassed.

anyways that night i went into surgery to cut open the abcess to let it drain and they packed 2 of them. omg packing is painful, who ever in their living mind say that thing isnt painful is lieing out their ass. i was in the hospital for 3 days dealing with the packing and really good drugs that did shit when they took out the packing from the cut.

3 weeks later here i am the lucky one off of humira till this heals up and im completely done with the packing, everything is healed up nicely and i am back on humira tommorrow.

LADIES, learn from me do not let your husband or girlfriend near you down there ever. i can laugh about it now but i couldnt that week i had to go everyday to get the cut pack.. thank god it could of been worst but the cut was a slit the lenght of a quarter and now its the size of a dime and closeing.. so yeah thats my lovely experience pfft lol

Ohhhh, ouch, poor you :-( But thank you for posting this for all of us on immunosuppressants. Something to consider for sure. Hoping things heal up really soon.

Wow! What a horror story.... who would have thought this could happen? I never heard of this before. Thanks for sharing because any woman reading this will definitely think twice about shaving down there. @@

Angrybird

Wow you poor thing :hug: Thank you so much for making us aware of this, it would never have entered my mind otherwise. I am also making a note to myself: if hubby ever suggests anything to do with my 'bits' tell him to feck off!