• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Damned mucus....

I'd been feeling really well for a good couple of days, and now I've been on a down swing for like... 4? I think. Today was rather alarming, because I have had mucus for a little while.

It was more noticeable before pentasa, because my stools were harder and darker and I was constipated a lot. It looked like a gooey halo around the edges. But the consistency changed with the meds--softer, lighter, easier to pass, but also harder to see mucus. I would notice it on the toilet paper though.

Anyways, I've been in a lot of pain the last few days, and today there was a very, very large glob of mucus in the toilet. Really alarming. I think that might be the push I need to make an appointment with my doctor.

Sorry to hear that - mucus is usually a bad sign for me.

I've already had 5 bowel movements today (and its only 9AM!) and most of them were just mucus.