• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dang my Luck it sucks.....

I am sitting here at the ER of Brackenridge in Austin, once again, about to be admitted for the fourth time in 3 months.

The diagnosis this time??? I have a Deep Vien Thrombosis from an IV start last week, because I was running a fever and Imuran therapy warrented blood cultures.

My, My, MY, do I just have it all at the same time.......

DVT from IV, complicated Crohnie seeks some R and R from his dang disease......

How is the crohnie crew doing????:voodoo: :voodoo:

Well it is morning time, and the team should be coming through to tell me about the plan of treatment.

???? what I don't know......Otherwise I am wired for sound, (telemetry bed) we'll see how it goes.

I am so worn out over this all....

sheeeshs!!! is the word of the week, my PCP tells me!

Remission to all!!!

M

mrs. vr

I'm so sorry to hear this. HOWEVER...it's good they caught it I suppose. Hope you're home soon!

I am still at the hospital doing the same old things, sheeesh I wish I could just get a condo here at this point, I am here all the time anyway.

thanks for reply all......we'll see if they finally instill heparin or not......Ii am getting a second ultrasound done soon.......

sheeeeeesh

I am still in my home.....the hospital room .....waiting for my INR to gtet to 2.0 plus so i can get out of here!!!!

kim I almost turned and never looked back at this place,(forum)

I am sittting here, bruised in my abdomen from the lovenox to all high hell, my INR is 1.78 right now, I just crashed my sugar from 334 to 94 in one hour on 5 units..... my weeek has been hell...I cannot wait till the am......

its like I have no life other than the hospital anymore......

is there a life out there? At the moment with my health, not with out 25 meds a day, 4 injections and alot of prayers......

oh hell :( you poor thing!!! i hope everything settles soon and you can get home!

yes there is life out there, don't forget it - but while you're poorly hospital is exactly the place to be. life will wait, & meanwhile we're here for you, wishing you better.

E

eMan

I know how you're feeling ability. I've been in the hospital 3 times within 4 months and each time was pretty much a week stay. I had my laptop the last time but of course the internet wouldn't work that great and I could barely connect. Hope the best for you and us crohnies will be on the outside waiting for you. Good luckkkk man.

I get to go home today!!! I am actually going to a friends to stay until my new place opens up.

The Imuran was fighting with the Coumadin making it hard to titrate my INR aboe 2.0 which I am at 2.13 so I won't have to have Lovenox at home, thank god since my stomach looks like world war three!!! I am bruised everywhere....

The good note is the repeat unltrasound shows that blood flow returned and I have opening of circulation. I happy to hear that, yet everyone is walking on eggshells regarding me having a flare while on the warfarin.

I will pray every day for remission while the dvt is here...PLEASE!!!!!!

just another note Prednisone tastes like crap, I hate the stuff, I hate the way it makes me feel,

:p:p:p prednisone!!!! :voodoo: the doll in the prednisone pill and my tourturing of the stuff like it does to me!~!!!!!

anyway, thanks everyone,

ok...wow.....what a story.....I got discharged, moved into my new place yesterday, only to have 15 hours of diarrhea and unable to move from the toilet.

I am back in the ED and they just did a scope of my rear and have found a fissure, ana tear and obviously i am bleeding.

This is not good since I am on the coumadin therapy, the DVT and the rest of the crap that is my life.... my INR is 2.0

I am being admitted to the hospital AGAIN!!!!!!

my god will it ever stop????

theability said:
ok...wow.....what a story.....I got discharged, moved into my new place yesterday, only to have 15 hours of diarrhea and unable to move from the toilet.

I am back in the ED and they just did a scope of my rear and have found a fissure, ana tear and obviously i am bleeding.

This is not good since I am on the coumadin therapy, the DVT and the rest of the crap that is my life.... my INR is 2.0

I am being admitted to the hospital AGAIN!!!!!!

my god will it ever stop????
After 15 hours I'm not surprised that you have fissures and tearing. An hour is bad enough! Hope they get you sorted out soon.

A

AndyCrohnsPatient

Sorry to here your back in the hospital again. I really hope and pray that they can help you. That stinks you moved to a new place but cant enjoy it because being in the hospital. I give you Big Hug and hope it get solved soon. I guess its just getting mixed up with all these meds and other things they do. As for me I have been hurting a lot and thats why I'm up now is because I'm hurting and tomorrow I'm off to a breath test to help me out so. I dont know what to expect since I have never done one but. Hope tomorrow is a much better day :)