• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dating someone with UC or Crohns

I remember reading a post, and im pretty sure it was on this site, about what to expect and what you need to understand when being involved with a person that has UC or Crohns, Does anyone know what the post that im talking about or have a link to an article or post that is along the lines of what im talking about?

Thanks.

Not sure if this will help you Derek, but I ask for the forum to to try and scare me with what could be the worse case with Crohns. I got some feed back and please by all means check it out.

Sorry, I don't recall the post either.

My wife and I have been married over 23 years and she had Crohn's for a while before we even met. My serious introduction to the disease was our first out-of-town trip as a couple (to a wedding of a friend of mine), where she had a serious flare and we ended up spending a couple of hours in the ER. But as I said, I married her anyway, and it was the best decision I've ever made, Crohn's or not.

I know its around here somewhere! it was a girl wanting info about her bf having crohns, and someone posted a list of things that she is in for that we UC / cronies have to deal with constantly.

grrr I wish I could find it.

There was a post on that theme a couple months back. I know that I commented on it. I just put "dating and crohns" into the search function at the top, and several hits showed up right away. Give it a whirl, and see if you can find the one you are looking for.