• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Daylight Saving Time messes up life

Bufford

Right now I've been in remission for the past couple of months and have a good sleeping routine where I am getting 8 hours of sleep with only a couple of interruptions to urinate, drink water and feed the wood furnace. But when my head hits the pillow I am back into deep slumber.

Now comes the thief of time; that ugly spring time change. I don't know about you, but for me I lose on both ends of the day when DST kicks in. I crave the early morning light, now I lose that hour of daylight when I really need it and want it, only to squander it in the evening when I don't need or want it. The later sunset steals the other hour away from the evening when I de stress from the day. Stealing that evening hour from me is a personal thing I take offense of, for I love my long evenings and prefer an earlier sunset. In hot weather an earlier sunset would be a friend indeed.

I say lets fall back in the fall and leave it on standard time year round. People can change their own schedule to serve their own needs without imposing upon others by taking away from their mornings and evenings with this invasive meddling of the clock.

There are only 24 hours in a day no matter how its sliced up. Ban DST !!