• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dealing day to day with crohns

Hi my names melissa, im 30 and was diagnosed with crohns disease when I was 26. All my life ive suffered headaches cramping off balance constipation gastric symptoms. Wasn't until I woke all hours one morning in 10+ severe pain in my tummy. I let it go having panadie forte for a few hours. After that I couldn't bare it no more n went to out patients and was sent for ultrasound on my appendix which emergency op for that but 9 hours later I come to n found out I had crohns disease nwadnt my aappendix. A battle everyday there after. Thanx for listening. Mel x

Similar to me - pain/constipation, docs thought it was an appendix issue. At the time i was like 'oh no, im going to have to have surgery to have my appendix out!'.

When i found out it was crohn's i wished it had merely been appendicitis. A temporary problem rather than a lifelong one.

It's a battle everyday, as you said, but it's one we have no choice but to fight, so keep it up melissa :)

Hi darl ty for the reply. It seems everything I eat/drink disagrees with me. Many of times I could give up but at the same time I know theres not only me that suffers. How long have you had it

You're definitely not alone in this, no matter how much it sucks! I'm still pretty new to the disease, got sick on July and diagnosed in september. I'm still coming to to terms with it all - it seems whenever I start to get better things get worse. I have a fistula now so I'm going to be having my first surgery soon I think.

Still, nothing I can do but keep going.

Hi all,

I also have similar problems with food. I've always been intollerant to certain foods but of late it seems to be getting worse.

Must keep going though and try to stay positive.

Best of luck with the operation DamnitCrohns.

hi

I found when I eat sausages and burgers, esepcially from fast food places my belly thightens in pain and I feel like throwing up.
I have tried to find a better diet, and try to eat clean meat, not mixed, only by myself and as pure food as possible. I find it helps on the belly pain and makes my toilet relathionship more normal.
but for me its important that food is not too dry aswell, then I just give up on the meal alltogheter, when I notice imidiately that this is no good for me. so food has become a bit of stress and defenetly more difficult.

the best thing in my experience, eat food you like and your body want, when i decide to not listen to my body and just eat, my body hammers back at me badly