• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dealing with cutting seton

Hi all.. just joined after constantly reading everyone's support and advice on a range of issues. So helpful.
Within the last 18 months I had 4 abscesses before my fistula was found and in may i got a cutting seton.. painful. A month later I had another abscess at the old site and have had silver nitrate put on that wound the last 2 times ive had the seton tightened. "Coming along nicely" my surgeon said haha
But just as you see light at the end of the tunnel.. bam. Today my still open wound got sore and swollen so saw gp, she said looks ok but has bit of an discharge..
So now fingers crossed until i see surgeon in couple of days..
So had enough of it, just want a good ending to it 😊
Anyone dealt with this ? Is it normal? Just wondered if its one end of the fistula still causing it until it gets cut through ? Any opinions appreciated .