• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dealing with the death of a colleague and ostomy too much too bear

Hi I'm finding it all too much at the mo my colleague got murdered last month I can't get through this it's all too much. I miss him so much work isn't the same he used to joke to me all the time and make me laugh. Now I have to accept that he's never coming bk it's all too much. Death is hard too deal with without it being this tragic and sudden. I've also got the hospital in 3 weeks to see surgeon I said to my mate I will let him know how I get on. Now this has happened and I can't it's so weird and strange. I won't ever get through this. I nearly died myself a yr next month if it wasn't for the surgeons.

Feeling depressed keep hoping its all bad dream I was on holiday that week and the last thing I said to him was I'll see you a week on Monday coz I'm going on holiday now I'm never going to see him again:(:(:(

Oh, CheerBear:

I'm so sorry to hear about the murder of your colleague and friend. How absolutely devastating. You're right, death is difficult enough to deal with, but when it's sudden, abrupt and unanticipated, it brings with it another layer of grief, shock and surrealness. Add also to the mix that in our workplace, we don't always get along with all our coworkers, so when the person is someone who you could share elements of your life and have a laugh with, it makes it all the more harder on your heart.

I wish there was something I could say that wasn't trite. But know that I send you warmth, care and loads of positive energy as you work through and move with this incredibly difficult time.

Kismet

Thanks both of you thinking of you Katiesue at this very difficult time as well. It's really strange the last time my colleague was last seen alive was sept 9th 2012 and he never turned up for work the next day:(:( he was found dead in his flat on the 13th sept four days after he was last seen by one of his brothers:(:( he had significant head injuries and was bludgeoned to death with a blunt weapon:(:( I feel guilty for not going to his funeral I'm no good at them I just lose it emotionally:(:( I can't see me ever getting over this:(:( my thoughts are with you at this hard time lets get through this together or try too. It's so upsetting I've cried so much since I know he wouldn't want us to be upset but it's hard not be xx

It's much harder to deal with coz we was a 'private man' who keep himself to himself and everybody loved him he had no known enemies. Yet for somebody to do this to him it's just so tragic, sudden and unexpected I still can't believe it. It's still a shock and I don't think i will ever get over/ through this :(:( I still can't get used to him not being there I miss talking to him and miss him joking to me:(:( I miss him not being there:(

Struggling like mad to get through this doesn't help when they are so many unanswered questions/answers and all I ask myself is why? It won't ever get any easier two months nearly and I still expect him to turn up at work:-( it's just so tragic we won't ever get the answers we need. Miss him so much:-:)-(

Well John it's 4 months since you got brutally taken away from us and your killer will be charged tomorrow. Hope he dies in jail that's all he deserves or they should make him suffer like he made you suffer. You didn't deserve this We still miss you like crazy and I still regret not going to your funeral I hope you understand why I didn't :-:)-( I can't cope with losing you and even more so losing you so tragically. Hope he gets his comeuppance only time will tell. We miss you John keep on running. I still think of you everyday :-:)-( it's still weird you not being there Xxxxxxx

John I can't get through its all come bk again not that it went away but I can't believe your killer has pleaded not guilty due to go on trial 4th march which will last three weeks. What an idiot can think of worse to say but won't say it on here hope he gets death sentence for this that's all he deserves:(:(:( how can we get through this it's so hard for us:(:(:( everyone has been crying over you I do l don't want to go to work anymore John it's not the same. I know you wouldn't want us to feel like this and be upset but it's hard not too:(:( there are so many unanswered question that we need answers too:(:(:(:( just speech less can't believe he denied killing you can't believe this has happened:(;(;(;(

Hang in there, CB. This is a really bad time for all of you who knew him, but some healing will come in time. :hug:

Cheerbear i hope you get the justice your friend deserves. Keep your chin up im sure that is what your friend would want you to do.

it is difficult but you can and will get through this. death is always hard especially when its terrible circumstances like your friend. can you do something positive to help take your mind off things.. a fundraiser at work and plant a tree or something for your friend at work?? just an idea may be silly i cannot imagine what youre going through x

Well John we are all struggling to get through this can't believe he hit you with a hammer or something more lethal over and over again and put your naked body in the bath and stole items including a tablet and Xbox. Then put on fb RIP John gone too soon days before he was arrested. Sick bastard hope he gets sent down for this we all miss you and want you bk John :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( at least they have evidence to charge. I can't through this it's the hardest thing especially murder.

Can't believe he gave you 15 blows to your head and face 3 fractures to your skull caused by the blows:(:(:(:(:( your death won't have been immediate maybe alive 1 to 3 hrs after the attack:(:( can't believe he used a mop and bucket to clean up the evidence. We are struggling to get through John we need you here we miss you. You were a treasured member of our team:(:(:(:(:( awful watching everybody cry over you me mainly can't see me ever getting through this. You also had a bruise to your hand a wrist which could of been caused by self defense. Can't believe all of this has happened can't believe he made you suffer like you did. Hope he gets life for your murder but its not harsh enough no were near enough. He keeps denying any involvement in your murder. Keep on running John :(:(:(:( we miss you like crazy just want you bk xxxxxxx

Can't believe it's been 2 yrs since your death and it's still not the same anymore we miss you like crazy wish I could just wake up from this nightmare and it not be true 😭😭😭😭

Don't think I'll ever get over it tbh 😭😭 hardest thing I've ever had to go through apart from my grandad's death 5 years ago seems even harder than my grandad's death coz we we knew if that makes sense and operations. John's death was sudden and unexpected. It'll take my whole life to get through this. You never expect it to happen to someone you know and work with. Sorry guys