• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Defining pediatric ibd subtypes

Cool! 2 of our doctors are on this paper! This further enforces why I don't see how I could ever debate a jpouch for D. She has been diagnosed all over the spectrum. Maybe genetic testing I have access to would help. We contributed to the GEM project but they don't share those results with you as you become a number and almost no one knows who is which number.

This was a very interesting read. I could see my daughter in a certain type description. I just wish that there were more predictors with this of future disease activity. I also wish I had access to genetic testing to see if it all lined up.

I truly hope this leads to specific drug modifications per type.

One thing (sorry to post double here) I also wondered as I was reading was about disease location and activity per the very early onset group. Does that change? Or do you fall into a disease type and it remains?

The studies on what the actual phenotype a are is relatively new
So no longer term you have xyz and it will stay version xyz after 20 years