• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Depression/tired/hate crohn's

X

xrayzerase

depression/tired/hate crohn's

just..feeling yucky.
heartburn still there-some ab discomfort/ some stomach discomfort.
no nausea-but-i am still a bit scared to eat.
i did eat a small bit of a baked chicken breast (nothing on it) just to try eating stuff besides mashed potatoes or baby food or jello.
for the most part--my diet is still "ensure"
i see my gi nov 2. so--that's good.
still didn't get insurance approval for the pillcam. so-i don't know what the next step will be if i can't get it done.
it does look like i may need "stronger" meds.
the 8 weeks of entocort ends in 2 weeks..and i am a bit scared of going off of that..
still on the pentasa--which does help with diarrhea---i can't say i don't see any improvement since meds--but-i am still not well. still feel ..(?)
also-hate the tiredness--which often hits around mid afternoon.
not a sleep-tiredness-i sleep-but only with the help of ambien.
it is more-just-not feel well in general.
fever is gone though-so that's good too.
but it is such a drain. and i feel a little depressed.
my friends have been great-but-i am sort of hiding from them all-just not up to seeing people. bad.
i have seen my parents-my family has been/ continue to be a great support-but..sometimes i feel bad worrying them.
i have been back to work-and happy about that-and also am thinking about more than my health---but-it gets tiring -and sometimes..i just feel depressed...
sorry..just-a vent...
:(

hang in there. it is a tough ride and the people that love you are there to help you along the way. let them help you.
it does get very tiring, dealing with this. but you will adapt and learn to love everything again.
feel free to email me if you ever need to chat. srirvine1980@yahoo.ca
take care

X

xrayzerase

steph
thank you-it means a lot that you'd be open to talking..
my friends and family are great..but..i guess.i don't know..maybe since they don't have cd-or-i don't know..i just ..i just hate worrying them...
they do listen though..and i am still there for them..but lately-i guess i've been more hesitant to say much.
again-thanks for the open door.
i may take you up on it sometime ...
i feel too out-of-it-depressed right now though..feel i'm not making much sense
(i usually pull through and tomorrow will be ok..but..depression can be hard..)
thank you
andrea
ps: the same offer is to you-if you ever need to talk (i am "usually" a very good listener)
but same thing: my email: meyersandrea@yahoo.com

How long has it been since you have felt this way. Many people get depression along with Crohn's and can easily be treated with medicine.

Best of luck, if you have any questions then just ask.

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
Hang in there. It's hard at first, but once the meds, the doctors, and your body get control of things, you will feel so much better. Feel free to rant on the board or Private Message any of us. My door is open too . . . fusinato@hughes.net.

X

xrayzerase

thanks everyone
oh..i am not new to depression-i am on meds for add/depression--but-this is a little different
just-more frustration than anything..and also not feeling well day after day..
but-feeling less depressed now..and working and hope to get back to seeing friends and being crazy again soon.
and thanks steph and cara for the open door- (same here-meyersandrea@yahoo.com)
i guess i just hate to bother people ..this group is really great though..
i see dr this week -so-hopefully i'll learn more on what is up next.
anyway-haven't been on here in a few days-so-catching up...
ok..that's it..
andrea

sorry you've been so down, Andrea and sincerely hope you're dong better soon. Talking to the doc and getting a better handle on what's oging on could help tremendously. It's hard to get comfortable with your body when you don't know what's happening or what to expect. Hope the new info will help with that!

Yeah, sorry to hear. Think about this... when you do start feeling better, and you will. Enjoy the heck out of feeling good or normal and keep that in your head. The thing about suffering with a chronic illness, is that when we get healthy, we appreciate it more than any of those silly non-IBD people. What is hard for me, and probaly the rest of you too, is that I wish I could plan around my good days and bad days. For instance, today I was almost normal... in the last 3 months this was the first day that I was almost pain free...now tomorrow may be worse, it may be better, I don't know... but if I new that I was going to feel good today, I wouldn't have worked, I woul've planned a one day vacation.:smile: Also, I think depression is different for everyone. I don't get depressed about being sick... I don't get sad I get pissed:ymad: Because for me it feels like going backwards... with my job, my social life, and stuff... like it keeps getting put on hold when I'm trying to get somewhere. And now, it's my appearance and athletic ability. For the last 5 years I was training for 5 to 6 days a week, and in the best shape of my life... looked and felt great, and then 2 weeks in the hospital wiped it all completely out...:ymad: :ymad: :ymad: but I will get it back, and so will all of us!!!! And then think. With all you've been through, and all you've learned to deal with... and the fact that you can function with the disease... when you do go into remission... this goes for all of us. We can take over the world!!! No, this is not the prednisone talking (or maybe it is?):ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:

R

ruthymg

I too remember in the early days after being diagnosed with crohns, the feeling of "will this ever end?" and "am I ever going to feel better or is this it now for the rest of my life?" so I can totally relate to how you are feeling. It is difficult but unless you actually have an IBD yourself, its difficult to understand. I too remember feeling like a burden to my family and friends which made me feel angry and inturn take my anger out on the ones I loved. I definately felt like this for a good 18 months until I started to move into remission and then my anger seemed to disappear, and I felt a whole lot positive. Unfortunately remission periods are just as the name describes "a period of time" and you know that sooner ot later you're gonna have another flare and you have to deal with those original feelings all over again. Except in time those feelings reduce in intensity and crohn's does become a way of life. What I am trying to say in a round about way is things will get better, I know its really difficult when your uncomfortable and in pain but try to look to the future and be a little bit more positive, after all stress and depression will only make your symptoms feel worse then they actually are. Hope you start to feel better soon, keep your chin up and feel free to rant whenever the mood takes you.

Ruth