• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Devastated

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Just found out my uncle has been diagnosed with colon cancer. Sadly it seems to run in the family. My father passed away two years ago from colon cancer.

It saddens me because I saw firsthand how it ravaged my father. My uncle is in Germany and I can't go see him right now.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Thanks everyone...

I'm upset too because I had told my relatives --urged them -- to get checked out two years ago.

Ed - I'm so sorry! I remember how devastated I was when I found out my mom had breast cancer. It was the first time I'd ever had to deal with someone having cancer. Thank goodness she has survived, but I cannot imagine what it would have been like had things turned out for the worst. My heart goes out to you. I hope you get to see him soon. I'll be praying for you!

Hey Ed, very sorry to hear this news :( It is all very scary eh? Best you can do is pray (or your version of it) and hope he recovers - people do!!!!

xx