• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed at 42

Can't wait to have this figured out and maybe feel semi normal again. Been a year of learning and suffering and missing out on many things.

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I know you'll get a lot of advice and support on here.you're definately not alone.all of us have tales to share about symptoms,diagnosis,treatment,meds and diet and much more.nothing is t.m.i., so feel free to share your trials and troubles and someone will reply and try to help.i hope you feel better soon.

Hi klippr
I'm hoping to get a final diagnosis just before my 42nd birthday next month!
What symptoms have you been having? If you think semi normal is good then anything more is a bonus. What treatment are you getting? Some of them take a long time to kick in, so hang on in there.
Welcome to the forum too!

I'm currently residing in my bathroom about half the day, if I get up to go somewhere the bathroom is the first stop. I've been on 30mg prednisone and 8 apriso daily but to avail. Getting blood work done to step up to the next level. I've also had some good fevers if I eat something that disagrees, reaching a point to look at some alt meds, if IL would speed up the process

Klippr.........
Try to find what works best for you to get you into remission. Years ago they used to try the lightest meds and work you up to the more serious meds. Now a days I think there has been a shift and they want to hit the illness hard and getting you into remission quickly is more effective and give the illness less time to do real damage.

Kind of Orange..........
I feel your pain. The GI who actually diagnosed me called me on my 24th birthday and gave me the great news. I will never forget thinking.....didn't you look at my chart and see it was my birthday, thanks, like the news wasn't bad enough you had to give it to me as a birthday present. So much for bedside manner.

Stay Strong All!