• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed for years...having issues

Hello all!
I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 1994 at age 14/15 after having a small bowel resection. I have been fairly lucky with it as I have not had any major issues since then.
Recently, I am having pain in general, but it seems to get more severe after eating. The pain is so bad at times it almost sends me to the floor (and I have a high tolerance).
I'm currently waiting on a CT to get pre-certed so I can get it scheduled to find out what the heck is going on in my guts.
I'm glad I found this website and hope to stay pretty active on it. I am single mother to twin boys (age 4), so they keep me on my toes!
Thank you!

Perhaps try smaller meals? Eat every few hours, smaller meals, and that may help your digestion? I found digestive enzymes and probiotics a MUST for me. Hope you find comfort soon!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I agree that it is worth trying having smaller meals and perhaps bland, low residue foods to see if this at least helps ease things. Since the resection have you been on any meds for your crohn's? Are you now seeing a GI doc and have you had any bloods done to check to see if there is any inflammation in the body?

AB
xx

Today I had a yogurt for breakfast and some soup for lunch and am sitting here in pain. I was on Pentasa for a long time and it was helping for a while.
My GI doc wants to get a CT and I am currently waiting to schedule it. Blood tests were done about a week ago, but I haven't heard anything about the results yet.

Angrybird

Unfortunately it can often be that the Pentesa is not strong enough to keep things settled long term, especially as it was primarily designed to treat ulcerative colitis and not crohn's. Will you have to wait to have the CT scan before you see the doc again?