• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed with Crohn's in December of 2012

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s in December of 2012. Currently I am not on any medication except VSL#3. I had my intestines stretch in December. I was hopping to no longer have symptoms. Since March 14, 2013, I have had stomach pains. I am hoping they go away so I can continue not to be on medication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Are you still under the care of a GI and are they aware of the stomach pains? Also have you not been on any meds at all since the diagnosis and if so what is the reason for this? Also when you say stretched was this a procedure to sort out scar tissue in the bowel? Are you following any type of diet at all?

AB
xx

I am under the care of a GI doctor. He seems really busy. I have been in the hospital several times since August. I only have catastrophic care insurance. The insurance issue is probably why I am not on medication. I was hoping I didn’t need medication because I have had stomach problems since I was 26. Just this year is when everything has gotten so bad. I have tried several different diets. My diet since December is oatmeal, toast, and turkey. Even with the strict diet I am still sick. When I had my intestines stretch I do believe it was scare tissue. I think today I have to go back to the hospital up all night in pain. I am very over the hole thing. I feel like I will never be normal again. Thank you for your reply.

Angrybird

If the pain is bad enough then definitely get down to the hospital, also it is worth looking at our treatment section as I know some of the meds used for crohn's have programmes where you don't have to pay much - if at all - for them.