• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed yesterday

Hi all I was just diagnosed yester with Crohn's disease and had the scope yesterday . I have been having more pain than usual since the scope is this normal? I have sufferd with bowel problems for over twenty years misdiagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. is there a certain diet that helps?
selena

Check out the SCD diet, call your doc if the pain is more than usual, and know you are not alone. Maybe someone will post the link to the diet. It is tough but it has helped me. I too was first diagnosed with IBS for many years.

Hi and welcome!

One of the most frustrating things is that there is no one diet that helps. Each person is different in the way food effects them. SCD and paleo are diets some have found successful. It's also helpful to keep a diary if what you eat to see what can trigger you.

Good luck!!! :)

Hi Selena. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis :-( But hopefully they can get you on to a treatment regime which will sort you out after all these years of suffering.
When is your follow up appointment? I've been sore after scopes when my disease has been active and there's a lot of inflammation in there. Also, they puff air into you to expand things for a better view, so some of the pain can be from trapped gas. Like the others say, if it doesn't get better in a couple of days, I would call the doctor.

Hi all I was just diagnosed yester with Crohn's disease and had the scope yesterday . I have been having more pain than usual since the scope is this normal? I have sufferd with bowel problems for over twenty years misdiagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. is there a certain diet that helps?
selena
Hmm I also had some pain when I did my 2nd scope, but when I did first one, I had none :p (I did my 2nd 4 years after the first one :p)
My only guess was that my bowel was so damaged.
I am not a doctor, but logically I think you should avoid fried,spicy foods ,and try eating just cooked stuff. Also avoid raw foods because it is harder to digest.
Maybe its bloat also?