• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed yesterday....

I got formally diagnosed yesterday at my appointment with my G.I. Don't really know how I feel. I need to continue with my steroids and start taking azathioprine after having blood tests on Monday. In a way I'm pleased I finally got a diagnosis but not really sure how I feel about it now...

Welcome. It must be a relief to know what is going on. Feel free to come here whenever you want. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Scipio

Getting formally diagnosed is a good news/bad news deal. It's bad news because you have an incurable disease that has the potential to make your life miserable. It's good news because now you know what you are up against and the path becomes clearer of what to do about it. The further good news is that we live in a time in which the treatment options are much better than they were just a few years ago and getting better all the time.

Getting the diagnosis was a weird thing, was not expecting something like this.
That was 24 years ago. I think I am just coming to terms with the fact this is a life
long and serious disease. Trying to joke my way around the disease isn't working so
taking things seriously and hoping to get better soon!

You have hit on a great forum for support and information!

So its like sorry you need us but glad you found us!

Lauren