• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed

Why is it so hard to get a diagnosis every time I do a test and have flags they tell me not to worry it’s minor but I’m suffering not knowing how I’m gonna feel day to day what to eat and drink it’s strang when you get mri showing inflammation and you get another one and it’s no longer there I’m. Just so lost at this time looking for anwser

Why is it so hard to get a diagnosis every time I do a test and have flags they tell me not to worry it’s minor but I’m suffering not knowing how I’m gonna feel day to day what to eat and drink it’s strang when you get mri showing inflammation and you get another one and it’s no longer there I’m. Here! Just so lost at this time looking for anwser
I think it takes time to test! Personally, in this difficult time, I was helped by the psychological support of my doctor! Based on breath control and positive affirmations)))

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to get a diagnosis every time I do a test and have flags they tell me not to worry it’s minor but I’m suffering not knowing how I’m gonna feel day to day what to eat and drink it’s strang when you get mri showing inflammation and you get another one and it’s no longer there I’m. Just so lost at this time looking for anwser
I totally understand your frustration, im having similar issues and have been for about 4 years. It’s super tough to deal with symptoms and not have a straightforward answer to what’s going on. i wish i had better advise for you, but all i’m doing is hoping and waiting that my doctors are really wanting to give me answers as the last time i went there i was basically begging for any answer because this is very hard to deal with when you have no clue why/what you have

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, unfortunately diseases that impact the digestive system are famously difficult to get assessed and diagnosed.

It is not uncommon for patients to have symptoms for years before diagnosis. Do you mind me asking what testing you have had so far and what symptoms you're dealing with? It might be that someone has a similar experience and may be able to paint you in the right direction.