• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosis! Finally!

My 7 year diagnostic journey has come to an end, yup 7 years. Have finally been diagnosed; It's both positive and negative. Positive to finally have a diagnosis, and finally get some proper treatment (Remicade to start soon); Negative because there is a 90% chance I will lose my job.

Now to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. :-/

:ywow: Oh my Ali, 7 years. That must be some sort of record. Welcome to the club!! You must have such mixed feelings, what with the job and all, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of relief in there. Hopefully they can get you on to a good treatment regime and get you under control at last.

It has been frustrating. Part of the problem has been that I have moved so many times in the past 7 years as well.
My doc is putting me on Remicade; just waiting for insurance to go through.
As for career stuff, now I am stuck in the waiting game, the military medical policy people have to make a decision; but they have so many files that it could take over a year before they even get to mine. I expect that I will be released, but I know it's not going to happen overnight.