• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diarrhea after humira

diarrhea after humira

hey everyone, can someone tell me have they experience right after the shot for 2 days they get diarrhea.. i dont know if i remember that happening the last time i took the shot, but its worrying me a bit.. i dont run all day but maybe 2 times one after the next and then i will be ok for the rest of the day.. but it seems to happen right after i eat and i try not to eat more than soup or crackers or something like that..

i have none of the symptoms of me being allergic to humira so its freaking me out. and my crohns is constipation not diarrhea so im starting to worry that maybe somethings wrong with me..

HI
My GI tols me that the diarrhea can worsen after a shot......mine does every time I get one. I have been on Humira for 16 weeks now with no change unfortunately. I hope it is working for you!

Tammi

Hi!

I've been starting to notice this same side effect over the last 4-5 shots. I was diagnosed with mild Crohn's in early 2012 and started Humira last summer. So far it's been working great, but every time I take a shot I get diarrhea for 1-3 days after.

What did your GI say about it?

Best,

I have a problem with constipation with my Crohn's as well. The day after I take Humira, like clockwork I have the big D as well.

When I had my loading doses I had a bad time with diarrhea. Since I have 3 strictures my GI hypothesized that it was due to the strictures being opened up. But after 6 days it went away. I hope that helps.

Even though we are on Humira and getting the benefits of it, there will still be "bad" days.

I'll get a bad day every month or so. I guess it is a price to pay, at least for me.

Good Luck