• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diarrhea after Normal Bowel Movement???

Hello Everyone! Hope you are doing good!

Well, this disease has a surprise for us every day!!Lol
I have been recently diagnosed (4 months ago) and I am tapering cortisone (currently on 5mg for the last two weeks with no problems).

My doctor started me on Aza which went terrible (violent vomiting episodes after two weeks) and I switched to Humira (took first dosage a week ago).

The last 3-4 weeks had really no problems with my bowel movements. I was using the restroom once a day in the morning. The last 3-4 days I was going to the restroom and had solid but more strenuous bowel movement. This is something happening often in my life even before crohns.

This morning (today) I went and had a bowel movement (strenuous but solid). Due to this slight consipation it felt that i did not empty myself totally. I had my usual breakfast eggs and toast and went to work. Six hours later I felt a cramp in my belly and went to the restroom. I had a bowel movement with solid stools which felt good. In the begininng the stools was more solid and then a little it more loose but still solid, no diarrhea. Stood up, wiped myself and two minutes after felt another cramp, sat down at the toilet and had diarrhea.

Is this smth that happens?I mean can you have a relatively solid bowel movement followed by diarrhea at such a sort time? I am really confused..

Thank you in advance guys.

scottsma

Yes,it does happen to me quite often.I can cope if I don't have to leave the house,otherwise I have to use loperamide to slow things down.For me it's about finding a fine balance between D., and overcompensating with Loperamide,which can cause constipation.
It wouldn't hurt to have a word with your doctor.I think every symptom should go on our record,and we should be given reassurance and advice.

Yes,it does happen to me quite often.I can cope if I don't have to leave the house,otherwise I have to use loperamide to slow things down.For me it's about finding a fine balance between D., and overcompensating with Loperamide,which can cause constipation.
It wouldn't hurt to have a word with your doctor.I think every symptom should go on our record,and we should be given reassurance and advice.
I agree

I've had this happening for years, for me it's not related to Humira (I've only be on that for a year) and it happens when I'm not taking loperamide as well.

It's not uncommon and doesn't really have any relation to humira. This typically happens to me when I'm constipated and have been pushing the envelope of what I eat. You're just backed up and just ate something that may have bothered you