• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Did anyone else get tachycardia while on infliximab

Ever since i started having infliximab I've noticed i've had a fast heart rate. 100 bpm at rest. In the first month i had a few episodes of Fast Atrial Fibrillation Fast AF.

Has this happended to anyone else?

It could be a coincidence or something else as i was also started on Hydrocortizone just before the infliximiab was started. Docs reckoned it might just be my body reacting to the fact i am fighting crohns. Also suggested it was the steroids. But after dropping the steroids it continued since for another 11 months until the current day.

Have you occasionally taken anything for nausea? My son got this from Zofran which he would take maybe every other day when he was first diagnosed.

I am 58 years old. I have been having Remicade/Infliximad infusions for 3 years. Occasionally I get rapid heart rate. I had my last infusion 4 days ago. Last night I was at my book club and had a few glasses of red wine. I woke in the middle of the night with a rapid heart beat. I finally went back to sleep after about an hour. I'm not sure if it's the wine, the Remicade, or both? Anyone else have this experience? I do not have any other reaction to the Remicade. I do not take Benadryl when I have the infusion.

Hi R20,

I have some SVT/A-fib, which appears to have been triggered by a bad reaction to Imuran/Azathioprine. Although I did wake up awhile ago before I had the bad reaction with some palps. So I guess it may be the Crohn's/inflammation?

I get eye bounce and fast heart rate everytime I am on a higher dosages of prednisone.
While on remicade, 5th infusion coming up soon, nothings change.

if you're having a flare of your crohns you can get a magnesium deficiency which can cause tachycardia.. I've noticed that for myself. If my heart starts getting out of whack a week of magnesium supplements seems to do the trick

Hmm seems familiar I do have tachycardia after remicade .. stops me from my jogging as am worried for the heart rate to shoot beyond 180 190 ...

Hmm seems familiar I do have tachycardia after remicade .. stops me from my jogging as am worried for the heart rate to shoot beyond 180 190 ...
My heart starting racing when I was getting my second infusion of remicade. I had to stop the infusion and the remicade. That is a documented side effect. I notice some racing with Humira, that I just started some 17 years later, but it's tolerable. The Humira doesn't go straight into the bloodstream liked the remicade does.

Ever since i started having infliximab I've noticed i've had a fast heart rate. 100 bpm at rest. In the first month i had a few episodes of Fast Atrial Fibrillation Fast AF.

Has this happended to anyone else?

It could be a coincidence or something else as i was also started on Hydrocortizone just before the infliximiab was started. Docs reckoned it might just be my body reacting to the fact i am fighting crohns. Also suggested it was the steroids. But after dropping the steroids it continued since for another 11 months until the current day.
I got my 6th infusion of infliximab a month ago. And three days later developed severe shaking and muscle twitching and increased heart rate (80’s) sotting and you to 110’s just walking around the house or doing laundry. The doctors won’t say it’s infliximab but I was completely healthy besides IBD prior. The IBD symptoms are under control so I don’t buy the “flare” causing any heat issues. Are you still having these symptoms??