• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Did I just have a blockage pass through?

This morning I woke up to a bag of fluid and when i emptied it I had a lump of greenly poop about the size of a cherry in the bag.

Was that just me passing through a bit of hard poop? Because I've recently had a bout of having to go into hospital with high liquid output and I'm scared I'm going to have to go back to hospital on Christmas Eve. Should I take my loperamide or not? I'm still producing a little liquid but I haven't eaten yet as I'm really nervous about what's going on.

Terriernut

A blockage would cause you ALOT of pain. So it probably wasnt. But perhaps it was indeed a bit of a harder poo. Just think back to what you've eaten, perhaps something with a bit more fiber.

Terriernut

I have bits of hard and soft all the time. Steak, minced beef, onions, you name it. It isnt unusual at all for us.

And it will 'shift' anyway. A blockage would let very little if anything through. And it's extremely painful. As in screaming in pain. You wouldnt have slept through it, I promise.

Yeah I agree. I had a blockage that lasted about 3 hours one morning after eating corn on the cob the night before. It was like trapped wind pains that didn't let off until I had a sudden pain in my stoma and then a bag full of corn! It was very painful.

Thanks for the answers guys, it's like I said really I just don't want to have to be in hospital over Christmas especially as its my little girls last Christmas in the house with me before her and her mum move out. I just didn't expect a hard lump of poop to be pushed through by liquid.