• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Didn't start my Humira....Im sick:(

So the day before the Humira nurse was to come to my house...I got a cold. So I am going to wait until I feel better. Oh and by the way I watch 12 kids every day...dont know how Im ever NOT gonna be sick.

Sorry to hear this, Mary :( Do you get a flu shot? I don't typically get colds and never found one necessary, but this year decided to get one considering all the immune suppression. I haven't had a single sore throat, runny nose...nothing!

You should try Sambuccus juice. It's a natural remedy of elderberry juice (and sometimes other immune-boosting vitamins). You should be able to find some brand of it in the regular grocery store or a vitamin store/health food store. My mom sent me some of this and I gave it to my husband last time he got sick and all his symptoms cleared up within a couple days. Even if you're already sick it is supposed to cut down on the amount of recovery time and keep you from getting worse.

Hope you feel better soon so you can start the Humira :)

Hi Mary, what bad timing! Just as you get your head around having to start Humira, you get sick. Hoping that you'll be feeling better soon and able to start on your new course of treatment. This disease sure tries the most patient of patients!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you!!! Marisa I will try what you told me too. Oh and funny I remember when I was on AZA I wasn't sick at all either. Weird!!