• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diet fuelling inflammatory bowel diseases: preclinical and clinical concepts

This what I have been trying to tell my GI doctors for years and they say there is no scientific proof that what we eat will help “cure” crohn’s. Only medication will do that they say.

This what I have been trying to tell my GI doctors for years and they say there is no scientific proof that what we eat will help “cure” crohn’s. Only medication will do that they say.
I hear you. I don't think anyone can be this absolute unless they know what causes the disease with an absolute certainty. As far as I know, today, 9/21/2022, there is not one single human on this planet that knows how CD comes about.

Hold a meeting with a dietitian. They will give you guidance and share data that the GI doctors don't or have access to because diet therapies just are not w/n their field of vision.

The attached slide was from yesterday's conference on Exit Strategies. The presenter said the sharp discrepancies between US and France responses made her wonder if the French physicians are just more convincing. :LOL:

Attachments

I hear you. I don't think anyone can be this absolute unless they know what causes the disease with an absolute certainty. As far as I know, today, 9/21/2022, there is not one single human on this planet that knows how CD comes about.

Hold a meeting with a dietitian. They will give you guidance and share data that the GI doctors don't or have access to because diet therapies just are not w/n their field of vision.

The attached slide was from yesterday's conference on Exit Strategies. The presenter said the sharp discrepancies between US and France responses made her wonder if the French physicians are just more convincing. :LOL:
hmm what actually is that #7 i wonder