• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diet

Hello everyone I have an unusual story in that I have met a man with Crohns and diabetes and we are becoming involved. I think he struggles with his diet and I want to look after him.SO I need any advice re diet and cooking to keep him well. I have no experience of Crohns at all. Please help! :smile:

rygon

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Most people do struggle with certain foods. Unfortunately these are all different for each person.

In the Diet and Food Froum there is a list of what people can and cannot eat generally http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17707

The best way to find out is a food diet. this is where you list each ingredient in your meal and then how you felt that day (remember that foods can affect your health a day or two afterwards).

Remember that it is all down to him though so I would support him as much as possible but don't try to push him into diets he doesn't want to do (coming from experience :p)

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. Good for you doing the research necessary to help provide your new friend with better health through diet.

Please keep us updated as to your experiences as you begin this journey :)