• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dietitian on the ball

I am currently in hospital getting supportive treatment for my Crohn's. The doctors are a bit useless but my Dietitian is amazing.
-She checks my bloods everyday even after the doctors have said "your bloods look fine" and has picked up on a number of problems. For example, she has made them replace my magnesium when she has noticed it is too low.
-She has determined from my stools that I am not digesting fats and proteins and has suggested Enzyme replacement for when I return to eating solids. (Something I had never heard of before)
-She is on the ward everyday and her investigation has even prompted the doctors to order an ultrasound even though they had previously said it was unnecessary.
-She has guided the nurses in how to administer the tube feed and has been a huge support in general.
I'm so glad someone understands the supportive therapy needed with this disease.