• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Disibility info

I am meeting with a disability lawyer tomorrow morning, where I live it is a long road to get on it. I have heard it could take up to 2 years!! but I am hoping with all my medical issues I get on in 3-6 months.

I was diagnosed when I was 15, small bowel resection when I was 16, tried all types of meds, was on prednisone for 20 years which caused osteopenia. Last surgery was 2007 another resection, now I am on humira. I have lost 60lbs in 6 months, my esoaghus is inflamed due to acid reflux, and I am anemic. Might have to have a stoma and bag but doc wont know until she does the surgery.

I am having surgery on 6/13 to have a foot of my small bowel taken and colon. I am on short term disability from work and I don't plan on returning to work any time soon.

Any words of hope this process goes fast? I am so sick of being tired, in pain and winded when ever I walk and try to keep up with my 10 year old daughter.

I wish I could do it with out an atty, 99% of the people that apply on their own are rejected and have to either do all the leg work or hire an atty to do it. I am not up for the fight of doing it alone.

I was blessed in that my GI went to the same church as the person who was going to make the decision about my disability. Plus, I had advocates in administration in the hospital where I was working who took it upon themselves to take on SS on my behalf. I, too, was too sick to do it on my own. So yeah, I was blessed.