• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diversion Colitis

Hi All

I had surgery in October 2014 for aggressive crohns, subtotal colectomy and ileostomy. I was doing fairly well but have been diagnosed and struggling with the above for approx four weeks. Consultant suggested trying prednisolone suppositories, buscopan and over the last week instillagel as a suppository on an evening. The pred offers some minor relief, as does the buscopan but the instillagel aggravated the problems and pain especially. I struggle to retain enemas as have had perianal fistula surgery previously. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or can recommend a suitable treatment please?

Thanks for reading.

I had the same thing. Colitis as a result of the diversion and the little stump left was a real little bugger. I alternated between Pred Foam and colifoam.
Even though it was not connected - I found that drinking milk would really set it off.
The only real relief happened with the reversal.
It was initially very very bad but settled over time. But it never went away the whole time I had my stoma.
Hope you get some relief :)