• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diverticulitis

Has anyone had diverticulitis and crohn's at the same time? I have had this pain on my lower left abdominal/back area that first started off as just this feeling of a pocket being there. Later on it progressed to a pain that comes and goes. Now it feels a bit tender there.

This has been ongoing since probably March of 2017. I was diagnosed with Crohn's after a colonoscopy where they found inflamation on my right side, however there was nothing on my left side.

I wonder if it was just missed during the colonoscopy. I also read that the inflammation markers for diverticulitis is similar to Crohn's and can be misdiagnosed. I also have some symptoms that point to diverticulitis like urinary problems.

In any case, I will get some imaging done soon but I just wonder if anyone else went through something similar.. or maybe have had both?

Hii.. I have diverticulie and crohns both. I had ulcer at ileum portion. My main problem is chronic constipation always. Now can't decide where should I go for treatment.. Allopathy , ayurvedic or something else. I lost 15 kg within 6 month.. And now I hav fecal impaction almost on every second day in spite of having liquid and fruit diet