• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dizzy On Humira

I started Humira in March and was doing ok, just injection site reaction for few days, but now I am dizzy all the time, sometimes my head feels so heavy and I feel very tired I can't move around!
I called my GI and waiting for call back. Anyone feels dizzy and headachy?

weekly injections for four months now, extremely tired, my whole being feels heavy. Dizzy, only occasionally, but I am attributing that to allergies and forgetting to breathe deep.
All this come on rapidly? Any other events occur lately? Start or stop anything?

It started gradually, first thing in the morning, then dizzy spell will last all day. Taking a nap helps for a little bit, I did not start/stop anything. Feels like my head is in a vise grip...Tired all the time.

How's your back? I ask cause when mine is out I wake up with the feeling like someone with big, strong hands has me gripped by the base of my skull and the bastard won't let go. the pain is exhausting.

Hi beth
it's funny how symptoms seem so random,I have a shopping list so the doc can only look at so many at at a time. I have run on the $2 fix theory, start small and work up. I know mine are spine,breathing and mentally connected cause when I see my chiro and practice mindfulness these particular symptoms lesson. Go figure.

My hip pain is better, not as intense and does not last for days anymore since start of Humira. I contacted my doc and waiting for call back. I also get rash that is very itching and gets worse in the heat.

Is your rash in the 'hotspots', pits, groin, joint creases. All over. Injection site. Am or pm or all day. Nerve endings. Fever. Have you had chicken pox-thinking of shingles here, that being said are they all on one side of the body. When was the last time you had your electrolytes checked. I tend to get dizzy and nauseas when my sodium and potassium levels bottom out. If nothing else you will have covered all the bases by the time you talk to your dr :)

Rash mostly on my legs and arms, not on injection site. Worse in a heat outside, better inside with aircond. Not sure about electrolytes, I did however had a pretty full blood test for uralogist due to kidney stones, going to see him next week.

If you don't mind my asking, what was happening to you that made your or your docs realize it was affecting your nervouse system. I just started Humira about 6 weeks ago - 1 shot every other week and now I am starting to wonder if I am having nervous system problems.