• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do I have Crohn's?

So, I have been diagnosed with Crohn's 5 months ago (via colonosopy), and I had my calprotectin level at 70 (not too high). I was diagnosed with Crohn's in the ileum and I took Pentasa, Imuran and Prednisone for 4 months, but my symptoms remained the same although the calprotectin level dropped dramatically to 15.

My symptoms are: indigestion, heartburn, nausea, reflux and gases and they are all severe, and I have been losing weight like crazy. I never experienced the severe diarrhea or constipation that almost all Crohn's patients say they had.

After that I had an upper endoscopy and the doctor said I have Crohn's in my stomach, too! Since Imuran wasn't helping, I switched to Methotrexate shots, with no improvement whatsoever.

Note that I have been taking PPIs and antacids for around 10 months, and I tried everything out there with no help. I'm starting to doubt that I have Crohn's so I'm going to attach the pictures of both my colonosopy and upper endoscopy hoping that you will be able to either reassure me that I have Crohn's or tell me that I should seek another way of treatment.

Thanks in advance.