• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do I have it?

Hi Everyone!

New to this forum and decided to reach out as I feel I'm running out of options.

I have always had a sensitive tummy but this has worsensed over the past 6 months to year.
It started with persistent nausea, retching and pain above the belly button. A endoscopy showed inflammation of the oesophagus and small erosion at the bottom of oesophagus . The doctors said it was due to acid reflux although I have never suffered from heartburn.
I have had a number of digestive changes - churning, abdominal pain and flatulence. I have gone from having 2 normal bms a day to now anything from 1-4. Often with urgency and not solid but mushy. Also sometimes with white dots which could be mucus?

The only thing the drs have found are my stool calcoprectin levels to too high to be ibs... but not high enough to be ibd. Also suffer with tiredness and stiff hands often on waking.

The doctors have said is to take lansoprazole and come back if there is any blood. I feel like i may have some kind of inflammatory disease but am not being taken seriously as there is no blood or diarrhoea.

Does anyone else have any similar symptoms or experiences. Any info would be appreciated

It does sound similar to some of the symptoms I had, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It lead to me having a gastroscopy, but not a colonoscopy, and then being told it was IBS.

And like many others here, I've never seen any blood.

Have they mentioned a colonoscopy?

It does sound similar to some of the symptoms I had, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It lead to me having a gastroscopy, but not a colonoscopy, and then being told it was IBS.

And like many others here, I've never seen any blood.

Have they mentioned a colonoscopy?
Hi

No they haven't. I last saw the doctor 2 months ago when I got the results of the calcoprectin levels. Then he told me to come back if I get blood. They are more concerned with the oesphagitis.

Maybe it's time for a second opinion and retest.

When I was in high school I had similar symptoms had a colonoscopy came back clear. Was told it was IBS.

About 10 years ago the symptoms started again. I would go to the bathroom 6-8 times a day I would bleed just about every time. I had lost a lot of weight, I had and endoscopy and a colonoscopy at that time. I was told aside from a small fissure and erosion at the bottom of my esophagus there was nothing wrong. I was put on protonix for awhile. I wasn't diagnosed with CD until last year.