• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do I have to take meds before surgery?

DJW

Forum Monitor
What are the meds?
I know anything that affects clotting is usually discontinued a couple weeks before surgery.

Would stopping one of your meds mean that the surgery was somehow more dangerous? That's the only reason I can think of that may mean they'd refuse surgery.

Are you worried about taking them before surgery? Do you think they were wrong about some of the ones they told you to continue taking? If you feel some aren't safe, try and call the nurse or hospital department, if you have concerns there must be someone you can speak to about them. I'm not sure how it works where you are, but I had a pre-op assessment recently and they gave me a list of contact numbers in case I had questions.