• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do it yourself surgery home kit

K

Kossy

I know a couple of you have read this a while back but for everyone else....:D

THIS IS JUST A JOKE. NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE TRY THIS. NO WAY AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE TAKING THIS RUNNING WITH IT. IT'S JUST A STORY AND A THOUGHT I HAD THAT WAS NOT SERIOUS WHEN I WAS SO READY TO PREFORM MY OWN SURGERY BECAUSE I FELT I COULD AWAIT ANOTHER FEW DAYS FOR MY SURGERY.

While I was in a large amount of pain I was sitting at work and thought to myself, everything I would need to preform my own surgery I could get a Meijers (it's a michigan based store similiar to a wal-mart).

They have their own medical supplies- so Guaze, alochol, tape, check.
Sew department- needles, thread (any color that your heart disires), sisors, check
Hardware department- clamps, a neat tool belt to hold your supplies in staple gun and staples, check.
Cookware department- Ronco knifes, tongs, check
and for anesthesia, go behind the store and look for a guy name Luis...that's all I'm saying.

NOW AGAIN... THIS WAS ONLY A THOUGHT THAT I HAD WHICH I WOULD HAVE NEVER EVER EVER DONE. THIS WAS JUST MY MIND SET AT THE TIME. I BELIEVE WE WERE ALL THEIR OR HAD ODD THOUGHTS A FEW DAYS BEFORE SURGERY. SO IN CLOSING DON'T DO THIS.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I am sure you could have even found a medical student who would love to volunteer to be the surgeon so they could gain some real world experience :).

I think during some of those darker days we all have some pretty nutty ideas. It is like after a while when I just got so used to the stomach noises and the rest that you just think it is normal. It is in some ways nice though to look back and to see how real the difference was. Can you imagine actually thinking about that? Good use of the disclaimer there Kossy, as we definately do not want anyone taking surgery into there own hands!

K

Kossy

Ha ha, It's true I DO NOT avacate anyone taking their surgery into their own hands.

J

jyarmo

You should find a friend to step up to the challenge if you can't perform surgery on yourself--I mean THAT'S what friends are for!

Maybe we should start an exchange program on the forum to send willing members off to do other member's surgery? ;):)

J

jyarmo

By the way...this totally reminds me of the Radiohead song "Just"

You do it to yourself, you do
And that's what really hurts
Is that you do it to yourself
Just you and no-one else
You do it to yourself
You do it to yourself

R

ReeRee

I LOVE that song!!! I play it at top volume a LOT. The video is amazingly awesome!

N

ncgirl

THIS IS JUST A JOKE. NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE TRY THIS. NO WAY AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE TAKING THIS RUNNING WITH IT. IT'S JUST A STORY AND A THOUGHT I HAD THAT WAS NOT SERIOUS WHEN I WAS SO READY TO PREFORM MY OWN SURGERY BECAUSE I FELT I COULD AWAIT ANOTHER FEW DAYS FOR MY SURGERY.

While I was in a large amount of pain I was sitting at work and thought to myself, everything I would need to preform my own surgery I could get a Meijers (it's a michigan based store similiar to a wal-mart).

They have their own medical supplies- so Guaze, alochol, tape, check.
Sew department- needles, thread (any color that your heart disires), sisors, check
Hardware department- clamps, a neat tool belt to hold your supplies in staple gun and staples, check.
Cookware department- Ronco knifes, tongs, check
and for anesthesia, go behind the store and look for a guy name Luis...that's all I'm saying.

NOW AGAIN... THIS WAS ONLY A THOUGHT THAT I HAD WHICH I WOULD HAVE NEVER EVER EVER DONE. THIS WAS JUST MY MIND SET AT THE TIME. I BELIEVE WE WERE ALL THEIR OR HAD ODD THOUGHTS A FEW DAYS BEFORE SURGERY. SO IN CLOSING DON'T DO THIS.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....I do remember reading this somewhere...I wonder where??? LOL

K

Kossy

ncgirl said:
Hmmmm....I do remember reading this somewhere...I wonder where??? LOL
I believe I e-mailed you this idea a while back.

N

ncgirl

Kossy said:
I believe I e-mailed you this idea a while back.
You did. I've never had to try it out though. Next time I need surgery, I'm calling you, since you obviously have the experience!

K

Kate

Yeah kossy when i need surgery you can have a trip to nz lol im sure my heath insurance would love it

K

Kossy

Kate said:
Yeah kossy when i need surgery you can have a trip to nz lol im sure my heath insurance would love it
Well I am just worring you. I can do the surgery but I have REALLY shacky hands. Oh and I am not good with a needle and thread. I might accidently turn your intestines into a afghan... I am pretty good at crowshaying (sp?)

K

Kate

Lmao yeah but with the state our bowels are in already it shouldnt be to much worse

Kossy said:
Well I am just worring you. I can do the surgery but I have REALLY shacky hands. Oh and I am not good with a needle and thread. I might accidently turn your intestines into a afghan... I am pretty good at crowshaying (sp?)

So what you're telling us is that along with crohns you also have Tourettes Syndrome? lol hahahaha

K

Kossy

cagfire said:
So what you're telling us is that along with crohns you also have Tourettes Syndrome? lol hahahaha
Ha ha, I should tell people I have that. But my hands shack mostly if I am hopped up on a LOT of coffee or none at all.