• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do these sound like your symptoms?

How many get right sided pain, not excruciating, but pain that limits your life on the right side several days every few weeks. Then it seems to go across the top (transverse colon) and then down the left side. But the appendix area up to almost my right breast is so full and distended feeling. Seems like I'm on an every2 or so week schedule. Last time I went to Gatorade pretty much exclusively for about 10 days and lost 11 pounds. Not necessarily diarrhea, but a full, bloated feeling and no appetite for food. Then finally after a week or more, a pretty normal stool and it smells sweet (sorry, TMI), but it does have a distinctive odor. I'm not diagnosed yet. Having my consult on wed for colonoscopy. CT in summer showed terminal ileum thickened and I've had symptoms for years and years off and on. I feel sometimes like if I could lay right and get burped almost that the air and bloating would come out and I would feel normal again. My doc thought my diarrhea spells are from GB removal, but they're not. I can eat fatty foods which should start an issue and nothing happens. Then other times I'm randomly a mess for two weeks plus regardless of what I eat.

Have a look at bile acid malabsorption/bile salt malabsorption,
I have this after resection and it says on the leaflets that its also common after gallbladder removal.
I dont have a right colon but i get pain where i assume the resceted area is and watery poop.(tmi)
Doesnt explain the inflammation on your scan no.but another issue which could be adding to it.
Good luck for your appt.

scottsma

Yes,your symptoms sound familiar.Not to me personally,but from what I've read on the forum.As you haven't been diagnosed yet,I can't say more.I had my GB removed about two years ago and before my OP. and since,I have taken a digestive enzyme supplement daily,and have had no trouble.

I’ve actually had some degree of this issue for over 20years. It was better a little while after removal of my gallbladder but is back with more severe symptoms now. I wish it was related to something fatty not going through my digestive tract properly. But, it is not. I can get sick on pretzels and water some days, literally. It always amazes me though, how I can feel it developing and then my right side even kinda through my back hurts for 2 or 3days and then I can feel it moving through. I do have periods with mucous after I finally do pass the stool that’s causing the issues, too. Gross. But it’s my life. I live by the location of the toilet.

scottsma

Good luck with your colonoscopy later.I expect,like a lot of people,you'll be relieved if something does show up.Mad,I know.Let's know how it goes.You'll maybe have to wait for your results.