• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do You Ever Stop Examining Your Stool?

Since my diagnosis I continually examine my stool. Rarely is anything " different" other than consistency ( diarrhea vs constipation) and the fact that I see the Pentasa shells in my stool. So why do I feel I need to keep examining it? Does that " need" ever go away? It's almost like a phobia. Anyone else experience this?

I still check too. As weird as it may seem, you can see a lot of useful stuff there. Each change means something, and you can alter your diet for the better because of it. Also, even when you feel good, you can still pass blood that would be an indicator. Keep checking yours out, just don't start analyzing others' stool!

When you have a stoma, you cannot avoid examining your stool - it is right there in front of you You see everything that's come through without being digested! :D

When you have a stoma, you cannot avoid examining your stool - it is right there in front of you You see everything that's come through without being digested! :D
:lol: I was going to post the exact same thing. You don't even have to wait 'til you get to the bathroom, you can just look through the transparent part of the bag any time you like. :p