• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doc appt today--MRI?

doc appt today--MRI?

I went to see my rheumatologist today and I brought up the tingling feeling that I have been getting in my hands/feet/arms/legs. I thought it was a side effect of Remicade, but they want to do an MRI to rule out any neurological problems. They're also going to get a scan of my jaw to see if the joints have recovered after my steroid injection in February.

Can anyone else who has had an MRI share their experience? I've heard that it's hot, noisy, and like a coffin. I'm getting my head scanned with and without contrast material. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long!

I have had several MRI's and they are not bad at all. You just lie there for a while and you can pretty much sleep if you really want to. They ask you a couple questions as you go along and you can't move much. I'm claustrobic and I didn't have a problem in there and I was in for over an hour. Just close your eyes and relax.

I'm not claustrophobic, but I always fidget. I really hope it doesn't last an hour because I may have a hard time keeping still!

Don't worry too much. It shouldn't take that long. It took me an hour because I had to have die needled into my shoulder because I dislocated it. Good luck

That sounds painful!

I'm not too worried about it. It's going to be very early in the morning, so with any luck, I'll fall asleep!

Last edited:
I'm slightly claustrophobic, but did okay in the MRI I had last year. My main worry while going through the battery of tests was actually my bathroom needs. About half the tests I've had in the last 9 months were interrupted by a rush to the toilet, I had to tell the attending physician beforehand to warn them.

Reminds me of Steven Wrights bit:

"I had an MRI done recently to test if I was claustrophobic"

classic

I'm getting my head scanned, with and without contrast, so I assume that means I'll be shot up with dye. It's on Thursday.

If they're scanning my head, where would they inject the dye?