• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctor riddles !!!

doctor riddles !!!

hello just an update all , been to see the 'its IBS' doc , and toldhim about skin tag and responce to pred , he never mentioned IBS after that but when i asked if pred helped IBS he said ' not really they work on inflammtion but if they work for you stay on them ' he even said my GP could give me more on my next flare and to go back for the camera when i get bad again !!!

for me this is a result from this consultant as i get meds that work for me and not just more IBS talk

My GP says he is pretty much saying its IBD not IBS as he wouldnt let me stay on a drug like pred just cos it makes me feel better there are too many side effects !!
so i guess now i have accepted i have some form of bowel disease :frown:

aww sorry fosterschick.. on the plus side you have a diagnosis now and can get the appropriate treatment :)

its been a joint effort between my gp and myself to get better gluten free helps the bloating and urgency and pred stoped the blood , dia and pain !!

but i guess i see where my gp is comming from if pred works then its bowel disease and the consultant has confirmed this by letting me stay on this type of drug ! if he truly thought IBS im guesing he would have told me to stop using it !! xx
how are you seen hosp on ur last status ?? xx

sore and sick.. :-( I'm still trying to get diagnosed (was dx IBS in 2006) but the gp thinks it's crohns in the small bowel and that's why I have the symptoms except the runs all the time. They've started me on a crohns drug but i feel like shite so will go up .. maybe they can do a SBFT on tuesday? CT last week when I was in hosp showed nothing ..

its so fristrating isnt it , in england they dont seam to like prevention they like to leave it until its a mess then say .... oh its crohns like duhhhhh xx it runs in our family too , keep us posted .. on and for 4 years i had chronic constip then only last year got the runs big time xx