• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctor turned patient

Hi,
I am a doctor, but i became a patient last year and had to come into hospital for an operation, which went really badly as it happens. It was not for Crohn's I should add, but for hip dysplasia, and i am still on crutches. Anyway, it made me start doing some research about my data, about who has access to it and what it can be used for.

I feel like I would like to be able to donate my scans etc. to anyone who was doing research on my condition, without them having to go though all of the faff involved in applying for ethics etc. Like, I just don't care what they do with it as long as they are doing some good with it. And I'd like as many people doing research on my condition to have access to it as possible.

But it seems like there is no route for me to do this and I was wondering if anyone on here has views about whether you would like to make your data available to anyone doing research on Crohns, or if I am on my own in this... Would be great to chat here or on Skype with anyone who has views on this.

BW, Jonathan