• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctor Visit

I had my GI doc appointment today. Was hoping he would say everything was fine and dandy. Everything is in a sense but my bowels are very far from normal. I'll have about a week of not much going through me. Then I'll have a day or 2 of lots of diarrhea. What my doc decided to do was stool tests every 2-3 months. Also told me to cut back on Miralax in case that's the problem. I had been having problems with constipation. He's scared that my crohns will flare up very suddenly cause of what happened before. And colonoscopy and endoscopy in 6-9 months. I'm going to meet an IBD team in August. Sick of doctors and tests. Is my doc being overly worried? I do really appreciate my doc. I guess I don't take Crohn's very seriously. I get tired of not knowing and waiting.

Welcome. Can I ask what medicines you are on? Maybe he hasn't found the right mixture of medicines yet. Please let us know how you are.

He thought of putting me on some medication but then didn't cause he's not sure if it is Crohn's flaring up. All the test results were normal. I hadn't been feeling well this winter. 2 months later I was having surgery for a perforated bowel. I've been feeling excellent.

cmack

Staff member
Hi Katie,

I'm around if you need to vent or just talk about things. Give me a pm if you like. I have been down the long road of frustration with medical problems as well.

Best regards,

cmack