• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctors don't know what they're doing.....

I've posted a few times about how I am undiagnosed and my GI seems reluctant to diagnose anything. Anyway, she was said she would fax a prescription to my GP for some Prednisone however my GP never got that fax. When my GP looked through my notes he started talking about Crohn's and gave me 5 days worth of Prednisone (30mg a day) and said to phone GI secretary to see if that was right....I've just spoken to the GI secretary who now said that the GI remembers talking to me a few weeks ago but can't remember what was said as she has a lot of patients!! She also mentioned weaning me of the Prednisone....I've only been on it for 3 days! I've really had enough of this as no one seems to know what's going on.
I hope you don't mind me venting but you all seem nice and can understand the frustration!

UPDATE...just spoken to Doctor's surgery and they have a prescription for 8 weeks worth of Budesonide from my GI. Is it OK to stop the Pred and start this straight away?!

Last edited:
Vent away!

Depends what the dose of Pred you were on I would think. Best to just call your dr and ask.