• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctors tomorrow, have a question.

I see my Doctor tomorrow and just need others opinions on something. I have been on 10mg one time per week of Methotrexate since the end of January, and I have been on the combination of Methotrexate and Humira (40mg once every two weeks) since February 9th.

I have seen some improvements but not enough. So I was wondering if I should ask my Doctor to increase the medications ? I don't know if the Methotrexate or Humira is considered a low or high dose.

Also I do not know if this matters, but I am a bigger guy, I am 325 lbs.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Shryock,
Some drug dosages are measured according to a patient's weight and this is a good question to ask your doctor tomorrow.
At the same time you could ask the duration of the therapy prescribed.
I have not any experience with either of these drugs and so my answer is limited, but there will be others no doubt who will have the experience and advice you are seeking.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Humira from my understanding just has one dose that is either give every week or every other week. It took my 4 months with every week humira that was after having been on every other week. You might want to ask about being moved up to every week.