• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anti-hemorrhoidal cream treat itching in the anal area?

Hello everyone :) I had a gala time last week:) Celebrated Durga puja, which is a festival in Kolkata:) Consumed alcohol daily about 4 to 5 pegs, participated in daily fun programmes like quiz,dance,games etc and even won a prize in a guessing games :dance: Now to the more serious issue folks. All these days i was having no problems whatsoever. But lately i am having itchy feeling in the anal area and bit of irritation...can anybody help me with the reasons? Also does anti - hemorrhoidal cream heal this issue? Your suggestions will be appreciated :)

It can, but will probably take a while to work. It forces the blood vessels in that area to shrink and tighten, so the sensation caused by that can be itching and will be eased by the use of the cream. It's not an instantaneous effect. You might get some faster relief by using a topical cortizone cream.