• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone eat Triscuits?

I've been craving them for a while, but am worried Triscuits might be something to avoid even trying.

I've heard wheat and fiber do not mix with Crohn's.

I don't even know if there's any recomended crackers or chips that are thought to be crohn's freindly other than saltines??

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Graham crackers are my go-to too - I like Teddy Grahams because they're cute and not as crumb-producing as regular grahams, plus the box says they're fortified with vitamins so they might be slightly more healthy than regular grahams. I haven't been brave enough to try Triscuits, but it seems like anything "whole grain" like that doesn't do good things for me. My hubby just bought some of that frosted mini wheats cereal and I'm not brave enough to try it either - the risk is not worth the reward as far as I'm concerned.

As far as fiber goes, when I'm flaring fiber is out of the question. When I'm in remission I can do some soluble fiber, mostly stuff like oatmeal and psyllium. I'm in remission now and still don't dare try Triscuits though!

funny you should ask that.... Im eating them now... but everyone is different. Have you had a reaction to certain crackers in the past?

Thanks for the responses!

My stomach hasn't really been at a 'normal' level to tell if any foods are triggers yet. Finally seems like it's getting somewhat close though. Teddy grahams sound realll good right now, haven't had them in years!

Maybe I'll wait a couple years on the Triscuits ha

I love them! high fiber is not fun when you have narrowing otherwise you will just get some pain on digestion. I would recommend if you try them to only have a few and wait a few days. Sometimes you will find that one food is off limits while another is ok to eat, and this will differ from person to person.

I love them! high fiber is not fun when you have narrowing otherwise you will just get some pain on digestion. I would recommend if you try them to only have a few and wait a few days. Sometimes you will find that one food is off limits while another is ok to eat, and this will differ from person to person.
I know I have a couple strictures and active inflamation. 17 inchese infected.

I'm guessing that means I should be staying away from fiber

Graham crackers are my go-to too - I like Teddy Grahams because they're cute and not as crumb-producing as regular grahams, plus the box says they're fortified with vitamins so they might be slightly more healthy than regular grahams. I haven't been brave enough to try Triscuits, but it seems like anything "whole grain" like that doesn't do good things for me. My hubby just bought some of that frosted mini wheats cereal and I'm not brave enough to try it either - the risk is not worth the reward as far as I'm concerned.

As far as fiber goes, when I'm flaring fiber is out of the question. When I'm in remission I can do some soluble fiber, mostly stuff like oatmeal and psyllium. I'm in remission now and still don't dare try Triscuits though!
I love graham crackers! They are like my saving grace!

I've been meaning to try teddy grahams but haven't gotten around to adding it to my grocery list. But I'm definitely going to get some since you say they are fortified with vitamins :)

I love breakfast cereal but a lot of them are now made with whole grains and since I'm on a low residue diet, whole grains are out of the question. :(

I know I have a couple strictures and active inflamation. 17 inchese infected.

I'm guessing that means I should be staying away from fiber
Well up until a month before my surgery I could tolerate all kinds of fiber, and it wasn't until I had a flare that caused me to stricture to 1.5cm that I couldn't eat any fiber at all. Which at that point it was pretty rough passing anything really and I ate nothing but low residue potatoes, rice and chicken in very small amounts. I still say you should try it in small amounts, you know yourself best so don't push it but if you love them try a couple and see if it gives you problems. In small amounts it will give you an upset stomach and pain going through all of your intestines but at least you will know. Due to narrowing you will run into problems more with the amount of food you ingest at one time than what you ingest.