• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone else have this symptom?

Hey guys,

I am currently undiagnosed and will be making an appointment with my GP as soon as I go back to university in January. I've done a quick into to my symptoms on a different post.

I've had issues with my bowels for a long time but for the past 2.5 years or so I've had the urgent feeling that I have needed to go to the toilet but then when I get there I don't actually need, then maybe half an hour to an hour later I need the toilet urgently and it is diarrhoea.

Does anyone else get this?

scottsma

I'm glad you've made an appointment with your Doctor.Urgency is quite common.I had this problem when first diagnosed,although I did have other symptoms too.I believe it's called Tenesmus I was originally dx'd with Proctitis,which affects the lower bowel and rectum.Of course I'm not suggesting this is your problem.It's best to get a proper diagnosis and to be treated accordingly.Please keep us updated as your posts will be of help to others with similar problems.

Same here, tenesmus is a very common symptom of proctitis, as is diarrhoea I believe, but no doubt there will be other conditions too that cause it too.