• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone else here use an air fryer when making certain foods?

When I was given my diagnosis of crohn's disease my doctor told me I can't have anything acidic, fried, or anything with dairy. But the air fryer was a life saver for me for those days when I crave fried foods. I like that you use very little oil or sometimes none depending on what you make.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! I use an air frier too. I use it for kale chips mostly 😋 Sometimes for a mix of colored peppers and onions. Tomorrow, I am trying fried chickpeas! Im going to trying something such as (without the sugar) :
Or a kind with curry seasoning.
Potatoes in air friers are very popular but should be avoided because of high acrylamide levels produced during any type of high cooking temperatures.

Bufford

I bought an air fryer earlier this year and enjoy it. It does a fantastic job cooking chicken. Shake n Bake works well as do dry rubs with BBQ sauce added near the end of cooking time.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
We have an air fryer at home and use it a few times a week. Some of the things we have cooked in it include;

Bacon
chicken wings (BEST wings ever!! :) )
pork loin roast
french fries/tater tots
mozzarella sticks
various appetizers (instead of using the oven)
pork chops

Lynda Lynda

We have an air fryer at home and use it a few times a week. Some of the things we have cooked in it include;

Bacon
chicken wings (BEST wings ever!! :) )
pork loin roast
french fries/tater tots
mozzarella sticks
various appetizers (instead of using the oven)
pork chops
You just listed every food I cannot eat. 😲