• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone have cheese to go with my whine?

I just need to vent and whine a bit. My back is really bad right now. They aren't sure exactly what the problem is, as my MRI shows several possible problems. The doctors are going with degenerative arthritis in L4-L5, but I'm also having pain in my left buttock as well as severe pain in my lower back. On top of that, my Crohn's is really bothering me. I am at work today, and I just totally stunk up the ladies room. I always get so embarrassed by it, even though it isn't on purpose. I hate being in a public restroom for explosive diarrhea. But with my back hurting, the diarrhea is even more painful.

I had a cortisone injection on Friday to try to lessen the pain in my back, but in actuality, the pain is much worse. I don't get to participate as much with my son because the only way to alleviate the back pain is to lie flat on my back. Meanwhile, the house is a complete mess, even with my husband doing more than usual.

Thanks for listening.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this Linda - sounds like the sacroilietis flare I had a few years ago - I still get twinges, but nothing like the original flare - where if took me literally a half hour to get up one day! Same thing with me - flat on my back was the best position.

I'm having it now too, sounds just like sacroiliitus, I used to walk around (at home) with a hot water bottle stuck down the back of my trousers :) I looked silly but it did help ease it a bit. Hope it gets less painful very soon. :ghug:

My back doctor just called me back. She's ordering an MRI of the pelvis. She is thinking it is tendinitis of the butt. If it is, there aren't any treatments I can do due to the Crohn's (normal treatment is NSAIDs such as Advil).

I saw a doctor last week who said the are other anti inflammatory meds that I could try but he didn't say what they were cos I'm seeing another doctor first, I had a pelvis mri last week too :). Keep us posted as to how you get on.

Your title made me smile, and I didn't think I had a smile left today.

I am really sorry you are having the back issues along with everything else. I hope you find out what the problem is.

As for stinking up the joint...I totally understand. Before Crohn's I couldn't even "GO" in a public restroom. Now, I just pray I get there. As for the stinky part, I found this spray called "Poo Spray, " I think. (I left mine in my locker at the gym, but if you want tomorrow I can check and make sure that is the correct name and where to get it. ) Seriously, it works. You spray it on the water and the place smells nice and fresh, despite it all. For some reason, finding that spray seemed to make me feel a little more tolerant of the things I cannot control.

Hang in there. Thank you for making me smile.

Your title made me smile, and I didn't think I had a smile left today.

I am really sorry you are having the back issues along with everything else. I hope you find out what the problem is.

As for stinking up the joint...I totally understand. Before Crohn's I couldn't even "GO" in a public restroom. Now, I just pray I get there. As for the stinky part, I found this spray called "Poo Spray, " I think. (I left mine in my locker at the gym, but if you want tomorrow I can check and make sure that is the correct name and where to get it. ) Seriously, it works. You spray it on the water and the place smells nice and fresh, despite it all. For some reason, finding that spray seemed to make me feel a little more tolerant of the things I cannot control.

Walmart carries something called "just a drop" that claims to do the same thing! I stopped being embarrassed about the big D in public washrooms years ago. There are only 2 things you can be doing in there, and no ones washroom at home smells like roses! People need to grow up and get over themselves, everybody poops. ;)